Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 2 of Organizing!

So as I promised here are the categories I came up with to help me organize my oodles of supplies! Previously I did things by manufacturer, but at that time I was working in a scrap store and I could tell you who all had what type of lines, but now that I don't work in the store anymore and my stuff had been in storage for quite a few months while we built our house I started contemplating how else to do it. Well this is what I cam up with!

 I started with general categories and some of them have subcategories. So here are the general ones I came up with. Some of these could be different since we may not all scrap the same things, so when you are brainstorming keep in mind what type of projects you work on or what type of supplies are you drawn too!

1. Pets
2. Travel
3. Wedding
4. Birthday
5. Holidays
6. Seasons
7. Kids
8. Everyday
9. Home

So those are the main ones I went through each piece of paper and put it in appropriate stack. Once I had everything stacked I then went through each stack and decided if some sub categories may be needed. Due to the extent of my collection sub categories were definitely needed for most of my stash! During this time I did a lot of purging as well, this is all set aside for when my local scrap store has a garage sale.

Sub Categories:
1. None needed for pets since I only have a puppy!
2. Travel- Outdoors, Door County, Water, General Travel
3. Wedding- My wedding, Brother's Wedding, General Wedding
4.  Birthdays- None
5.  Holidays- Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, Easter,
6. Seasons- Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall-Colors, Fall-cutesy papers
7. Kids- General Baby, Baby Girl, Baby Boy, Boy, Girls
8. Everyday- This one I broke down by manufacturers since most of this was stripes or dots or florals..
9. Home-none needed this category special for me since we built our home so I have been collecting stuff for that specific project.

Having done this with all my paper has helped me remember what I all have in my collection again, and when its time to work on say some Christmas layouts or cards all I will need to do is grab the holiday paper keeper or bin and and the tote that has all the embellishments in it as well instead of having to think of where did I put this or what manufacturer had this line.. My next step is to get all my cardstock organized by color. Those stacks have begun.. and then next are all my embellishments! I will keep you posted of tips along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, you have inspired me to do this also.

    ReplyDelete