Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 20, 2013

You Are in For a Treat!

I just wrapped up some fun and not too scary Halloween cards and treat bags. I went to one of my go to companies for Halloween- Doodle Bug! I just love how you can use all of their collections from years prior together and make your scrappy dollars go further!  Plus its loads of fun to mix and match their papers, stickers, and dimensional stickers to see how many possibilities you can come up with.

I hope these inspire you to make some cute Halloween cards for the goblins in your life!  Here are the cards all together. I will show you close ups of each as well!


I mostly use the 6x6 paper pads for my cards. This way the design of the pattern papers are in proportion with the size of the card. You also have the entire collection to play with  which gives you endless possibilities.

 
This one I used a border sticker on it, to give it a little bit of glam.

 
I always find tower cards the hardest to design, so I try to make myself design one each time I make some cards.

 
This year in addition to my cards I also made some treat bags. This would be so much fun to make with the kids if you had a party or to have ready for any Halloween get togethers you have coming up. They don't take long to make. Again I used the 6x6 paper pads, some of their stickers and some border punches. The bags I had purchased, the kraft ones are from Michaels and the polka dot ones are from Pebbles, 31 line.
 
Just cut your topper the width of the bag and make sure you have a bit to fold over so you can staple it to the top of the bag.
 
Here are the two with the polka dot treat bags and with Doodle Bug's current Halloween line.
 
 
 
Here is Frankie's close up.

 
Here is the Witch's close up.

 
These are the treat bags that I had purchased from Michaels. They were located in the gift wrap area of the store. On these I used Doodlebugs Halloween collection from last year.

 
Here is a close up of the ghost. On these I also decorate the fronts as well since they were only kraft in color and I thought they needed a bit more!

 
The other close up.

 
 
I hope these inspire you to make some fun Halloween cards or treat bags. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Happy Scary creating!
 
Next up I will have a home décor Halloween banner that I whipped up with Teresa Collins Paper Halloween line along with some embellishments from Anna Griffin.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment